The Switchgear & Controls Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of custom Medium Voltage/Low Voltage switchgear for commercial applications. These projects range from $300K to $40 million.
This person will make drawings and bills of materials that our client will use to make custom electrical switchgear/switchboards. The control systems include PLCs, protective relays intelligent controllers and will be implemented within designs.
Write detailed Sequences of Operation on certain projects with automation components, and travel to customer sites occasionally for commissioning, troubleshooting or evaluation purposes as well as travel for job training, project testing or other project related business (should not exceed 10%).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4+ years of experience designing MV/LV SWITCHGEAR including an understanding of basic electrical and control system principles
- Familiarity with reading three-line diagrams, electrical schematics, and control/communications diagrams
- Hands-on field experience, willingness to travel, excellent skills with Microsoft Office products and AUTOCAD
- Okay with up to 10% travel
- BS in Electrical Engineering
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with IEEE/ANSI C37.20, UL891/1558 design guidelines, NFPA70E and industrial automation
- MS in Electrical Engineering
Competitive compensation and relocation is available for this position.
Please contact us for additional details and to discuss position.
**NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION**
Justin Hawk- Senior Technical Recruiter
Chat Now: Click Here
Job ID: #1406